To view the “Notice of Uncontested Election” please click here
Off the Beaten Track
Bank Holiday Monday 6 May
A 5k walk, partly on private land, through bluebell woods
to a stunning viewpoint, by kind permission of Viscount Lymington
£5 per adult £1 per child up to 16
Dogs on leads welcome Muddy at some points!
Cake and squash to purchase at halfway point
Start at Ellisfield Memorial Hall, Church Lane, RG25 2QR
between 10.30am and 11.15am.
Lunch: Hot Dogs and Venison Burgers for sale
back at Ellisfield Memorial Hall
All in aid of St Martin’s, Ellisfield and St Andrew’s, Farleigh Wallop
BRING YOUR FRIENDS!
Info: Bernard Cazenove 01256 381279 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheques payable to: “Farleigh PCC”
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Basingstoke & Deane
Election of Parish Councillors
for the Electoral Area listed below
Electoral Area: Ellisfield
Number of Parish Councillors to be elected: Six
1. Forms of nomination for the Parish Election may be obtained from Clerk to Parish Council or Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH from the Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH on any day after the date of this notice but no later than 4 pm on Wednesday, 3rd April 2019.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 2nd May 2019.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Friday 12 April 2019. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH by 5 pm on Monday, 15th April 2019.
6. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH by 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH by 5 pm on Thursday, 2nd May 2019. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019
Dated Tuesday 26 March 2019 Melbourne Barrett Returning Officer
Printed and published by the Returning Officer, Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH
Parish of Farleigh, Candover and Wield
We’d love to see you
Mothering Sunday Family Service with communion
St Andrews Farleigh Wallop March 31st 2019
with the Belles of St. Martin’s
Flowers for the mums!
Rsvp if possible to: e-mail Rev. Stephen Mourant on: email@example.com or ring 01256 381217
We currently have two members who are standing down from the Memorial Hall Committee at the AGM planned for Tuesday 14 May 2019. These members have contributed vastly to the running of the hall over a number of years and for that we are extremely grateful.
So it’s time to look for some new committee members. The tasks are not particularly onerous and we only meet 3 or 4 times a year. We want to work as a team so that no one member has too much to do. The current committee members are: Bernard Cazenove, Susie Deane, Meg Freeman, Tracey Gilvear, Rev Stephen Mourant, Ray Reed (Chairman), Ali Swanston, Rose Taplin, Joanne Thomas and Phil Self.
Would you be willing to join the committee and help to ensure that Ellisfield continues to benefit from a hall that the whole community can enjoy?
If so please contact: Ray Reed 381613 (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ali Swanston 381171 (email@example.com).
Or alternatively come along to our AGM on 14 May to find out more.
Thank you in advance.
Ellisfield Memorial Hall Committee 2019 AGM
on Tuesday 14th May 2019
We hope you will be able to join us for our
Annual General Meeting.
The AGM is open to all Ellisfield residents who may, if they wish, ask questions and make suggestions in regards to the running of the Hall and the organising of village events.
Minutes of 2018 AGM and Accounts are available to view below
The results of the Speed Survey carried out in November 2018 can be seen if you click here.
For those of you who visit the Gravel Pits and perhaps even rest awhile on one of the two benches there, you will notice a beautiful new bench, which has been given to the village in memory of Sally Adams. Her niece, Verity, has arranged for this very attractive bench to be donated to Ellisfield and wished it to be situated within the vicinity of the Wine Walk, which Sally initiated. There is a very apt inscription on the bench which reads – “ Sally Adams: June 1933-May 2014 Teacher, Tadpole Nurturer, Wine Walk Initiator and staunch friend of Ellisfield”
I think all of us who knew Sally will be delighted to have this permanent memorial to her.
Councillor Caroline Cazenove