Jane’s Watch August 2019
A bumper edition this month to cover last month’s edition.
The table below provides a brief outline of the crimes reported in the first half of this year for the parishes covered by this magazine.
We need your help please if you saw or heard anything suspicious overnight of 1st and 2nd July. A small vehicle drove through fencing on the Axford Road, Ellisfield. The damage to the fencing allowed sheep to run onto the road, one sheep was hit by a car and others appear to have been stolen from the field. If you noticed or heard anything between 6pm on the 1st and 7.30am on the 2nd please call PC Reid directly. As always, all calls are treated in the strictest of confidence.
PC Reid is also appealing for any information concerning theft from a car at The Dummer Golf Club between 6.40pm and 10pm on June 21st, 2019. This is a very rare event, however, if you saw anyone in the area who was acting suspiciously please give PC Reid a direct call – thank you.
A big thank you to all local Residents who reported the presence of an illegal Pedlar calling in and around Dummer on July 1st, 2019. On this occasion, he was very fortunate as PC Reid was dealing with his friend in Preston Candover whom has been reported for summons to court and his goods seized, so when PC Reid got to Dummer the pedlar had disappeared.
Resident information– it is illegal for people to cold call at any door and offer or expose goods for sale unless they have a Police issued Pedlars Certificate. These can be purchased from the Police however you have to be of good previous character. From PC Reid’s experience, many of them who have been reported for summons to Court for acting as a Pedlar without a Certificate have many previous convictions – hence no police issued Pedlars Certificate.
Cold callers will state they are unemployed, homeless, ex-services etc., frequently these excuses are simply that – an excuse. If they call at your door it is up to you if you purchase anything from them but please remember unless they have a Police issued Pedlars Certificate they are acting unlawfully. If you experience a cold caller please notify PC Reid and he will do all he can to witness them at their ‘work’ and be the witness to take the appropriate action to reduce any intimidation against Residents.
Between July 30th and August 2nd, a fuel tank attached to a parked tractor in a field in Berrydown Lane was attacked causing extensive damage. If anyone saw anything suspicious please give PC Reid a call directly.
In nearby Bagmore Lane in Herriard between 3am and 4am on Monday August 5th two premises were broken into at The Old Station yard. A dark Land Rover Freelander was involved containing three men, PC Reid would like to ask if anyone has CCTV if they could please check between these times on that morning as they too may have had a visit!! On the same night in Newnham a similar burglary took place in which a quad bike and garden tools/equipment was stolen. As previously requested please record and photograph expensive equipment just in case.
Many thanks as always for your support and vigilance
Jane’s Contact Details:
Landline: 01256 381138, Mob: 07802 788 833
With less than a fortnight to the most loved village event of the year, now is the time to buy your Wine Walk vouchers.
Each voucher costs just £10 and entitles you to four glasses of wine – red or white – saving you £2 when compared to buying individual glasses for £3 each.
So buy your vouchers now from Joanne (381300) or Ray (381613).
The last day for buying them will be Thursday 13th June. No vouchers will be available to purchase on the night.
Date: Friday 14th June 2019
Starts: 7pm onwards
Theme: Wines of Italy
Diane & Rob Pluckrose – 2 Cannon Close, Green Lane
Tracey & Adam Gilvear – 5 Farriers Field, Green Lane
Adrian Hamilton – Bell House, Bell Lane
N.B.: This event is for villagers and their friends only
Details of the Audit and Accounts for 2018/2019 etc see: Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2018/19
Public rights to view EPC accounts
Notices pertaining to the exercise of public rights to view Ellisfield Parish Council accounts for the year ending 31stMarch 2018 between 9am and 5pm on working days from 4thJune 2019 to 15thJuly 2019 are now on the Lower Common Parish Council notice board. Any person wishing to exercise these rights should please telephone Peter Raine, Joint Clerk, for an appointment on 01256 381221.
The statement of accounts will not be audited on account of that authority’s self-certified status as exempt, unless either a request for an opportunity to question the auditor about the authority’s accounting records under section 26(2) or an objection under section 27(1) of the Act, results in the involvement of the local auditor; and that in either of those circumstances the audit will be limited to that required by section 20 of the Act as modified by the Smaller Authorities Regulations. (See regulation 12 of the Smaller Authorities Regulations for the application of section 20 of the Act in relation to a Category 2 authority with exempt status.).
Signed: P.C.W.Raine Date: 03.06.2019
Responsible Financial Officer,
Ellisfield Parish Council
To view the “Notice of Uncontested Election” please click here
Off the Beaten Track
Bank Holiday Monday 6 May
A 5k walk, partly on private land, through bluebell woods
to a stunning viewpoint, by kind permission of Viscount Lymington
£5 per adult £1 per child up to 16
Dogs on leads welcome Muddy at some points!
Cake and squash to purchase at halfway point
Start at Ellisfield Memorial Hall, Church Lane, RG25 2QR
between 10.30am and 11.15am.
Lunch: Hot Dogs and Venison Burgers for sale
back at Ellisfield Memorial Hall
All in aid of St Martin’s, Ellisfield and St Andrew’s, Farleigh Wallop
BRING YOUR FRIENDS!
Info: Bernard Cazenove 01256 381279 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheques payable to: “Farleigh PCC”
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Basingstoke & Deane
Election of Parish Councillors
for the Electoral Area listed below
Electoral Area: Ellisfield
Number of Parish Councillors to be elected: Six
1. Forms of nomination for the Parish Election may be obtained from Clerk to Parish Council or Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH from the Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH on any day after the date of this notice but no later than 4 pm on Wednesday, 3rd April 2019.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 2nd May 2019.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Friday 12 April 2019. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH by 5 pm on Monday, 15th April 2019.
6. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH by 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH by 5 pm on Thursday, 2nd May 2019. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019
Dated Tuesday 26 March 2019 Melbourne Barrett Returning Officer
Printed and published by the Returning Officer, Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH
Parish of Farleigh, Candover and Wield
We’d love to see you
Mothering Sunday Family Service with communion
St Andrews Farleigh Wallop March 31st 2019
with the Belles of St. Martin’s
Flowers for the mums!
Rsvp if possible to: e-mail Rev. Stephen Mourant on: email@example.com or ring 01256 381217