To view the “Notice of Uncontested Election” please click here
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Basingstoke & Deane
Election of Parish Councillors
for the Electoral Area listed below
Electoral Area: Ellisfield
Number of Parish Councillors to be elected: Six
1. Forms of nomination for the Parish Election may be obtained from Clerk to Parish Council or Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH from the Returning Officer who will, at the request of an elector for any electoral area prepare a nomination paper for signature.
2. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer, Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH on any day after the date of this notice but no later than 4 pm on Wednesday, 3rd April 2019.
3. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 2nd May 2019.
4. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Friday 12 April 2019. Applications can be made online: https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
5. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes and amendments or cancellations of proxy votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH by 5 pm on Monday, 15th April 2019.
6. New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH by 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019.
7. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election on grounds of physical incapacity or for work/service reasons must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH by 5 pm on Thursday, 2nd May 2019. The physical incapacity must have occurred after 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019. To apply on the grounds of work/service, the person must have become aware that they cannot go to the polling station in person after 5 pm on Wednesday, 24th April 2019
Dated Tuesday 26 March 2019 Melbourne Barrett Returning Officer
Printed and published by the Returning Officer, Deanes, Civic Offices, London Road, Basingstoke, RG21 4AH
Residents’ Public Meeting on Rural Policing and Community Funding at St Mary’s Church, Herriard next Tuesday (May 3rd) evening, 7.30pm for 8.00pm start
Residents will remember that, back in March of last year, sufficient pledges were made (by parish councils, landowners, businesses and residents) for PC Andrew Reid to be reallocated back to his local beat and to be supplied with his own 4×4. However, this “Community Funding” proposal, after much discussion, was turned down by the current Police & Crime Commissioner (Simon Hayes) in October of last year.
Now, with the election coming up next Thursday for the post of Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) in the Hampshire & Isle of Wight area, a number of residents thought that it would be a good idea to ask all the candidates to come to a meeting to make statements and answer questions on this specific subject of Community Funding.
Six of the seven candidates have agreed to attend a Public Meeting next Tuesday evening, 7.30pm for an 8.00pm start, at St Mary’s Church in Herriard RG25 2PL (on the A339 opposite the Timber Fencing yard). They are:
Richard Adair, Liberal Democrat
Simon Hayes, Independent (the current PCC, re-standing for election)
Don Jerrard, Independent
Michael Lane, Conservative Party
Robin Price, Labour Party
Steve Watts, Independent
Roy Swales (UKIP) has sent his apologies as he had a pre-booked meeting in Southampton to attend.
Also, a representative of the NFU (National Farmers Union) will be there.
Because of the subject matter, it is hoped that there will be a large turnout on the evening.
Please try to attend if you are able – with thanks for your support.
The existing Councillors have all been re-elected in the Ellisfield Parish Council elections held on 7th May 2015. Click here for the results on the Basingstoke and Deane District Council site.
Should you still need to register your desire to vote please contact;
Basingstoke & Deane Borough Council, (BDBC) Electoral Services on 01256 845239 immediately.
Applications to vote by proxy, or by emergency proxy due to physical incapacity or work/service reasons, must reach BDBC Electoral Registration Officer by latest; Tuesday, 28 April 2015 (5pm).
Ellisfield – Election(s) 2015
As all can read on local noticeboards and on the official Ellisfield Parish Council (EPC) website;
a local election will take place on;
Thursday, 7th May 2015,
in Ellisfield Memorial Hall
alongside the General and Borough Council Elections 2015.
The following persons put their names forward for election to Ellisfield Parish Council for 6 (six) Councilor appointments. By name, they are;
- CAZENOVE, Mrs Caroline June*
- GUINNESS, Mr. Timothy Whitmore Newton**
- PARK WEIR, Mr. Gavin Jonathan*
- RICHARDS, Mr. David Godfrey*
- TAPLIN, Ms. Rosemary Ann*
- TURNER, Mr. Paul Thomas Murray
- WRIGHT, Mr. Julian Philip*
*Current Councilor. ** Current Chairman.
Note; Nominees contact addresses, provided by BDBC, can be found on www.ellisfield.gov.uk and/or on your nearest Ellisfield noticeboard.
ELLISFIELD PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk to the Council; Tel; 01256 397125
Please see the attached document (pdf) giving details of the persons nominated and notice of poll for Chineham, Ellisfield, Steventon and Upton Grey in Basingstoke and Deane.
Basingstoke & Deane – Election of Parish Councillors
Please see the attached document (also put on Ellisfield Noticeboards) from the Basingstoke and Deane Returning Officer, Election Services – Karen Brimacombe.
Please find attached a time table of proceedings and a full pack of nomination papers which includes a form to request the electoral register. Candidates are advised to read the guidance and resources that are available on the Electoral Commissions website.
Could you please note that The Electoral Commission have updated their guidance for candidates and agents at local government elections in England and Wales and as a consequence we will be asking that nomination papers, consents to nomination and notices of withdrawal must be delivered in person.
The nomination period (the time when the nomination papers can be handed in) is:
– Receipt of nominations start: 10am Friday 27 March 2015
– Receipt of nomination ends: 4pm on Thursday 9 April 2015
– 10am to 4pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays) for informal checking and formal submission
An appointment should be made for final checking and deposit of your nomination papers, so please contact the Electoral Services team on 01256 845355 prior to your visit. When making your appointment, please allow sufficient time for you to get signatures on a new form, should the submitted form be found to be invalid. Please note that appointments should be made before the last day for submission, as experience has shown that it leaves insufficient time for candidates/agents to correct invalid nomination papers.
Could you please remind all candidates that they are responsible for managing their election spending. They must complete a spending return and declaration and submit them to the Returning Officer within 28 calendar days after the day of the election. They should do this even if the election is uncontested or their spending return is nil. For further guidance see Part 3 – Spending forms and notices.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
Electoral Services Team Leader
Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council
Tel (Direct): 01256 845298
Fax: 01256 845200.